Tuesday 24 February 2009

Babies in the crèche...

Chad and I had to drop Tiggy and Sophie off at the cattery today. We have building work starting tomorrow for three weeks and they will freak out with all the noise and general stress. We have also been informed that this is a good decision because all the dust might cause them health problems with their eyes and lungs.

It is really bonkers how guilty we both feel - like sending kids off to boarding school I imagine. You know it is going to do them good but neither the kids nor the parents really like the idea of it - well not these kids or parents anyway! As I am sitting here typing I really miss the fact that one of them is not trying to walk over the keyboard. I didn't awake to four eyes staring intently at me waiting for breakfast which weirdly I miss.

They are in a 'penthouse' for three weeks, will get their nails done and will be looked after by very attentive staff - sounds like a good holiday to me. I have convinced myself that it OK. A bit too much anthropomorphic projection I hear you cry. Yes probably true but these cute little moggies are like our babies (friends refer to them as our gaybies) - which unless you are a cat lover you probably won't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis