Wednesday 25 February 2009

Multi-tasking hell

Just had a total XY moment while popping out to get my lunch.

I was mid purchase at the till in Prêt when a friend called. Instead of saying “can I call you back in two minutes” I carried on talking.

While still talking on the mobile I proceed to a newsagent to buy a magazine. I then get my hand stuck in the bag with my sandwich in, drop my wallet and swipe my glasses off my face which arc across the shop and have a cushioned landing in a box of Walkers crisps.

I then tell my friend that I need to hang up and I will call her back as I skulk out of the shop with three customers and the shopkeeper all smirking at me.

I am living proof that men, while apparently doing multiple things at once are in fact kidding themselves. Dangerous thing my lunch run!

3 comments:

  1. Writing a blog, whilst running a business, twittering, looking after gaybies and refurbishing a house sounds like multi-tasking to me! So what if men fail on balancing small tasks like holding a phone and a sandwich, I am equally mal-co, it's the big things that matter...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider holding to my wallet and keeping my glasses on in public a big thing!

    N:+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always getting in "pickles" when trying to multi task and find I get rather stressed!

    One thing at a time and concentrate!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis