Sunday 21 June 2009

Loved stuff: Weddings of people in love

Just back from a lovely weekend in Shropshire (which is on the English-Welsh borders – embarrassingly I thought that the county was north of London – dahh). Anyhow, I now know where Shropshire is located and can confirm that is a charming county and well worth a visit.

We were at the wedding of our friends Ali and Emily. I really do love a wedding – I am after all a hopeless romantic and thrive on being surrounded by positive emotion. I delight in hearing people say heartfelt things about each other.

They are a gorgeous couple, deliriously happy and properly in love with each other. I did have a minor inner panic when Emily was more than half an hour late for the church service, and at one point Ali walked outside. Basically no drama on this front at all: Ali just needed the loo and Emily was making sure she looked gorgeous. She didn’t disappoint. She is a very beautiful and talented young lady and she actually made her own dress which was amazing.

Emily and Ali are actors / work in the world of theatre, so as a result they have a very flamboyant group of friends from the creative arts. The speeches were absolutely ace (particularly Ali’s friends who were toastmaster and best man) – very entertaining and definitely the best I have ever heard at a wedding.

Ali’s speech was lovely – his emotions broke at the end of his speech as he told us how lucky he was that Emily was his wife. My adrenal gland gave me a little spurt of adrenaline and he had a wee moment of controlled tears welling in my eyes – fabulous!

They worked so hard to make the day perfect: and it absolutely was...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis