Monday 1 June 2009

Loved stuff: BBC Radio 4 - Today

I love the Today programme on Radio 4. I drive to work most mornings (I HATE the evil Tube) and I secretly like it if the worst stretch on my journey (the Finchley Road) is rammed full of traffic and I end up in a mini jam. It means I get an extra 10 minutes added to my journey and I get to hear more of my favourite radio show.

I love talk radio and the gang on Today are always brilliant - shaping the media agenda but striking the right balance with the random and quirky stories. I love all the presenters but am really loving Evan Davis (also presents Dragon's Den - TV gold) who is my favourite at the moment. He was a bit shaky when he started on the show a while back but is totally ace now. He did a great interview with Mr Brown this morning.

Mr Davis might be becoming a a new 'weird crush' for me - OK he's just not Rodrigo Santoro - but (along with the rest of the Today crew) he is both funny and professional and above all really smart. I also have a weird crush on Andrew Marr - it's the intensely smart / witty thing going on again (!!!). Anyway I digress...

As a PR person I have pitched the Today programme a few times - I haven't managed to get anything proactively on it yet (even huge stories that have gone across all news channel wide including the BBC). Ho hum. Anyway, despite the fact that they have never succumbed to a Crump pitch, I still love them.

1 comment:

  1. Funny quote from Evan Davis...

    "I'm absolutely happy to say what I earn. But I really only want to show mine if everyone else shows theirs."

    The said this following calls from the public accounts committee for the BBC to release details of the pay it gives its top radio presenters, committee chairman Edward Leigh and Jeremy Peat, of the BBC Trust, discussed what was preventing the information from being released.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8083000/8083083.stm

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis